INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
Gufasha Girls Foundation (Gufasha or GGF or we), and the people we seek to help, are dependent on the generosity of our members and supporters as well as the goodwill and trust of the public.
We are therefore committed to protecting any personal information we obtain about you, whether you are just visiting the GGF website www.gufashagirls.org (the site) or are a member, financial supporter or volunteer.
- what information Gufasha Girls Foundation may collect about you;
- how Gufasha Girls Foundation will use information we collect about you;
- when Gufasha Girls Foundation may use your details to contact you;
- whether Gufasha Girls Foundation will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us; and
Gufasha Girls Foundation is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
The third party’s policies will govern the use of personal information you submit or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
WHO WE ARE
Gufasha Girls Foundation is a charity registered in Uganda. Gufasha Girls Foundation’s registered address is Kayunga Town, Kayunga District, Uganda.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL GUFASHA GIRLS FOUNDATION COLLECT ABOUT ME?
When you contact Gufasha Girls Foundation to become a member, make a donation, or sign up for any of Gufasha Girls Foundation’s activities or online content, such as newsletters or you telephone, email, or write to Gufasha Girls Foundation, or engage with Gufasha Girls Foundation via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you.
This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to process donations, and whether or not you are a taxpayer so that we can claim Gift Aid.
By submitting your details, you enable Gufasha Girls Foundation (and where applicable any sub-contractors we may use) to raise funds and to provide you with services, information, activities, or online content you select.
We do not usually ask members to provide “sensitive personal data” (such as information relating to racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, health information, and political opinions).
However, if you reveal such information in emails or other communications hosted by our site, you are consenting to this sensitive personal data being collected and processed by us. If you do not wish to consent, please do not include sensitive personal data in your communications to, or through, the site.
If there is a clear reason for collecting sensitive personal data, for example, if you are participating in a marathon or similar fundraising event or where we need this to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support to enable you to participate in the event. Clear notices will be provided on applications for such events so that it is clear what information we need and why we need it.
If you are simply browsing the site as an anonymous visitor, Gufasha Girls Foundation may still collect certain information from you, such as your IP addresses (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or another network device on the internet).
If you enter your contact details in one of our online forms, we may use this information to contact you even if you don’t “send” or “submit” the form. We will only do this to see if we can help with any problems you might be experiencing with the form or with our websites.
We may combine the information we collect about you and the information you give to us with information we receive from other sources.
HOW WILL GUFASHA GIRLS FOUNDATION USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ABOUT ME?
Gufasha Girls Foundation will use your personal information for several purposes including the following:
- in relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board, or any other means;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Gufasha Girls Foundation may contact you for reasons related to donations you have made such as your tax status with regard to Gift Aid, the completion of commercial or other transactions you have entered into with Gufasha Girls Foundation or the activity or online content you have signed up for;
- for internal record keeping, to administer the site, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- for wealth screening activity;
- to fulfill any contracts you have entered into with Gufasha Girls Foundation;
- to contact you about any content you provide;
- to invite you to participate in surveys or research about Gufasha Girls Foundation or our work (participation is always voluntary);
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically consented to receive marketing communications from us (see below);
- to provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive;
- to personalize the way Gufasha Girls Foundation content is presented to you;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- to analyze and improve the activities and content offered by the site and to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in the aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes;
to notify you about changes to our service; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
WILL I BE CONTACTED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
Gufasha Girls Foundation will only contact you for marketing purposes where you have provided us with freely given consent to do so. You may provide that consent in various ways including through online or paper forms, responding to television adverts (where consent statements are clearly visible), or face-to-face through engagement with our staff.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMITTED WHEN YOU MAKE A DONATION
We will collect your first and last name, and your email address when you make a donation using our site. When you make a card payment your credit or debit card details are only collected by our third-party payment provider – PayPal. We do not store your credit or debit card details.
If you choose to claim Gift Aid on your donation we will also collect your declaration of tax status and your home address.
WILL GUFASHA GIRLS FOUNDATION SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will only use your information for the purposes for which it was obtained. We may share your information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries.
Gufasha Girls Foundation will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organizations as a result of giving your details to us.
We may share your information with selected third parties, including “data processors” such as our service providers, wealth screening companies, associated organizations, and agents who help us to prepare and send the materials relating to our projects and fundraising activities. These “data processors” will only act under our instruction and we will not allow these organizations to use your data for their own purposes and will take care to ensure that they keep your data secure.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we need to engage an institute that is educating a child that you are sponsoring, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the education institute as a sponsor;
- if Gufasha Girls Foundation or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about members will be one of the transferred assets;
- if disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing); and
- in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of Gufasha Girls Foundation, or our members or others
OFFENSIVE OR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT PLACED ON THE SITE
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate, or objectionable content to or anywhere on the site or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on any Gufasha Girls Foundation service, we may use your personal information to stop such behavior.
Where Gufasha Girls Foundation reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider, or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behavior.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
HOW LONG WILL GUFASHA GIRLS FOUNDATION KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, for example, we will keep a record of donations for at least seven years.
If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
Where you contribute material to us, e.g. user-generated content or in response to a particular campaign we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted unless otherwise stated at the point of generation.
WHAT IS GUFASHA GIRLS FOUNDATION’S POLICY ON ALLOWING ME TO UPDATE, CORRECT, OR DELETE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The accuracy of your information is really important to us. We want to ensure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with and to provide you with information that is of interest.
If you wish to change how we communicate with you or update the information we hold, then please contact us.
You may: email us at email@example.com; or call us at +256 752 356 682.
You may also opt out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email from Gufasha Girls Foundation.
Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge $10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification).
COOKIES POLICY – INFORMATION GUFASHA GIRLS FOUNDATION COLLECTS FROM YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE
- What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files on your device. They are made by your web browser when you visit a website. Every time you go back to that website, your browser will send the cookie file back to the website’s server. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Information supplied in cookies also allows us to measure the effectiveness of online campaigns for Gufasha Girls Foundation.