We hope you enjoy using Gufasha Girls Foundation website (the site), whether you’re exploring stories about our work around Uganda or looking to get involved yourself.
This site is operated by Gufasha Girls Foundation (Gufasha Girls Foundation or we). Gufasha Girls Foundation is a registered non-government charity organization. Gufasha Girls Foundation is also registered in Uganda.
By using the site, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must not use the site.
Gufasha Girls Foundation may change these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time and take notice of any changes. Your continued use of the site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
You agree to use the site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights, restrict, or inhibit the use of the site by any third party.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Use of the site and its content does not transfer or otherwise grant to any user any right or interest in Gufasha Girls Foundation’s intellectual property rights or any intellectual property rights owned by a third party.
Commercial use or publication of the content on the site is strictly prohibited without prior authorization from Gufasha Girls Foundation. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions confers any license to use any content on the site.
Pages from the site may be printed or copied for personal use only. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not modify the content or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way.
Some documents and photos have been published on the site with the permission of the relevant third-party copyright owners. All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES ON THE SITE
Gufasha Girls Foundation takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and Gufasha Girls Foundation has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that Gufasha Girls Foundation approves of or endorses any other third-party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products, or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO THE SITE
If you upload any content to our site or use the site to make contact with other users, you must comply with these terms and conditions and, in particular, the content standards below. You warrant that any such contribution complies with these terms and conditions, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty (meaning that you must reimburse us for any costs we incur as a result of your breaching those standards).
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with these terms and conditions.
If you feel uncomfortable or concerned about any communication, please report this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we will take appropriate action.
These content standards apply to any and all material that you communicate through or to our site (communications), and to any interactive services associated with it.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with all applicable laws.
Communications must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory to any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful, or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right, or trademark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity (other than as your registered user name) or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
ACCESSING THE SITE
Access to the site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, suspend, discontinue, or change all or any part of the site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and that they comply with them.
You may use the site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way; or
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
You also agree:
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.No reliance on information and limitation of liability
Commentaries and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed; they are there for guidance purposes only.
Gufasha Girls Foundation makes no representations, warranties, or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the site is accurate, complete, or up-to-date.
Gufasha Girls Foundation will not be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, loss of profit, indirect, incidental, or consequential loss, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use of, or in connection with such use or loss of use of, the site, whether in contract or tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs, and platform in order to access the site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site, the server on which the site is stored or any server, computer, or database connected to the site.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the applicable laws of Uganda. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Uganda.